Best Saigon Street Food for you (2019 update)



Ballut - "Trứng Vịt Lộn" in Vietnamese


Balut is a developing bird embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell. It originated from and is commonly sold as street food in the Philippines. Often served with beer, balut is popular in Southeast Asian countries, such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam. The Tagalog and Malay word balot means "wrapped". Wikipedia.

The most Saigon terifying food: Balut!. Photo: Saigon Kiss Tours

> Learn everything about balut in my special post: click here


SHARE THIS

Facebook Comment

2 comments:

  1. I tried it in Vietnam and it was disgusting...mixed with a pile of leaves, and a sweet and spicy sauce to dip with(sort of like Sriracha). It tasted a little like a hard boiled egg, mixed with liver, and leaves(I think it was basil).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this in Vietnam and it was disgusting. My ex Vietnamese wife, offered it to me, with a pile of leaves on a plate, and a sweet and spicy, dipping sauce similar to Sriracha or a spicy Duck Sauce. It tasted sort of like, a mix between boiled egg, and liver, mixed with with leaves. (I think it was Basil).

    ReplyDelete